We will be closing early Wednesday November 23rd at 12:00pm
and Closed Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 24th, 2022
Friday 11/25 - Our office will be open for regular business hours 7:30am-5pm. We will however, not have a doctor in on this day. We will only be available for Daycare, Baths (appointment only), Boarding Drop off & Pick ups and Tech Services such as; Nail Trims and Medication pick up.
From all of us here at CVMH, we hope that everyone has a safe & wonderful Thanksgiving!
Safety Tips for Thanksgiving
1. Fatty Foods: Fatty, rich, or unfamiliar foods can give your pet pancreatitis or gastroenteritis; two medical conditions that can be very painful and even life-threlatening.
2. Diet and Exercise: Stick with your pets regular exercise and food schedule as much as possible to avoid a disruption in their routine that can cause gastric upset, vomiting and diarrhea.
3. Bones: Certain bones can lacerate or obstruct your pets' insides. Stick with your pets normal toys and treats.
4. Onions: Onions and onion powder, widely found in stuffing and used as a general seasoning, will destroy your dog or cat's red blood cells, which can lead to anemia.
5. Grapes and Raisins: Grapes and raisins contain a toxin that can cause kidney damage to both dogs and cats.
6. Chocolate: Chocolate can actually be fatal to your dog or cat; so all those sweets must be kept well out of reach.
7. Food Wrappings: Aluminum foil, wax paper and other food wrappings can cause intestinal obstruction. Make sure to place these items out of reach and securely in the garbage.
8. Fresh Water: Make sure your pet always has fresh water. When we have more company in the house, pets may become stressed and increase panting causing them to drink more water. Our guest may also knock into their bowls which may leave them dry.
9. Quiet Time: Make sure your pet has a quiet place to relax should the holiday festivities be too much for him. Monitor their behavior to make sure they are not stressed.
10. Garbage: Keep the garbage out of reach! If your pet gets into it, they may think they hit the lottery, but may end up in the vet with a gastric disturbance, vomiting and diarrhea to the worst-case scenario - death.
If you have an emergency, please call the Emergency Veterinary Hospital:
Telephone : (704) 457-2300