Our pets are our companions who bring happiness and joy to our life. That is why when they are having stomach issues, it is a reason of concern for us. If you suspect your pet is having problems with his stomach or digestive system, you should take your pet to our veterinarian team at Carolinas Veterinary Medical Hospital in Charlotte, NC.
How Common Digestive Problems In Pets?
Digestive problems in pets are more common than you may think. Cats and dogs experience a wide range of digestive health issues, including the following:
● Vomiting and diarrhea
● Food intolerances and allergies
● Digestive infections
● Inflammatory bowel disease
All these issues can cause weight loss, discomfort, and even pain. They can also decrease the quality of life of your pet immediately.
What Causes Digestive Issues?
There are numerous factors that can contribute to digestive issues of your pet. Among them are the following:
● Diet: Food intolerances, sudden dietary changes, and consumption of spoiled food cause serious digestive problems.
● Stress: It might be hard to believe but dogs and cats also experience anxiety and depression. The more stress they have, the higher risk of digestive problems.
● Infections: There are a lot of different type of infections, including bacterial, viral, and parasitic infections. If not treated on time, they can lead to the development of more serious long-term health issues.
● Underlying health conditions: There are certain health problems and diseases that often lead to chronic digestive issues. Therefore, it is important to know the medical history of your pet.
How Can You Help Your Pet with Digestive Problems?
Here are some tips to help with pet digestive issues:
● Feed your pet with high-quality food: If you are not sure what food is better with your pet, talk to a pet doctor privately.
● Do regular exercises: Regular exercises are helpful in preventing and treating various digestive issues.
● Get professional veterinary care: An animal doctor on our veterinarian team can give you advice on how to best keep your pet safe.
Get Vet Care from a Veterinarian from a Stomach Issues, Vomiting, and Diarrhea
The digestive health is crucial to pets' overall wellbeing and quality of life. If you suspect a digestive problem in your four-legged companion, make sure to schedule an appointment with an animal doctor on our pet doctor team. If you live in Charlotte, NC or any other nearby area, our vet team at Carolinas Veterinary Medical Hospital is here for you. We successfully and effectively treat various vet problems, including digestive issues. If you have any questions, or you want to schedule the first appointment, feel free to reach out to us. Call us at (704) 752-7227 for pet care from a “veterinarian near me.”