Closed Saturday July 4th

.

We will resume normal business hours Monday July 6th

7:30am - 6:00pm 

If you have an emergency please call 

Charlotte Animal Referral & Emergency (CARE) (704) 457-2300

Here are a few pet safety tips from the ASPCA

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center offers the following tips:

  • Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them. Alcoholic beverages have the potential to poison pets. If ingested, the animal could become very intoxicated and weak, severely depressed or could go into a coma. Death from respiratory failure is also a possibility in severe cases.
  • Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals. Ingestion of sunscreen products can result in drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive thirst and lethargy. The misuse of insect repellent that contains DEET can lead to neurological problems.

  • Always keep matches and lighter fluid out of your pets’ reach. Certain types of matches contain chlorates, which could potentially damage blood cells and result in difficulty breathing—or even kidney disease in severe cases. Lighter fluid can be irritating to skin, and if ingested can produce gastrointestinal irritation and central nervous system depression. If lighter fluid is inhaled, aspiration pneumonia and breathing problems could develop.

  • Keep your pets on their normal diet. Any change, even for one meal, can give your pet severe indigestion and diarrhea. This is particularly true for older animals who have more delicate digestive systems and nutritional requirements. And keep in mind that foods such as onions, chocolate, coffee, avocado, grapes, raisins, salt and yeast dough can all be potentially toxic to companion animals. Please visit our People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets page for more information.

  • Do not put glow jewelry on your pets, or allow them to play with it. While the luminescent substance contained in these products is not highly toxic, excessive drooling and gastrointestinal irritation could still result from ingestions, and intestinal blockage could occur from swallowing large pieces of the plastic containers.

  • Keep citronella candles, insect coils and tiki torch oil products out of reach. Ingestion can produce stomach irritation and possibly even central nervous system depression. If inhaled, the oils could cause aspiration pneumonia in pets.

  • Never use fireworks around pets! While exposure to lit fireworks can potentially result in severe burns and/or trauma to the face and paws of curious pets, even unused fireworks can pose a danger. Many types contain potentially toxic substances, including potassium nitrate, arsenic and other heavy metals.

  • Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets, who can become frightened or disoriented by the sound. Please resist the urge to take them to Independence Day festivities, and opt instead to keep them safe from the noise in a quiet, sheltered and escape-proof area at home.




Location

Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Monday:

7:30 am

6:00 pm

Tuesday:

7:30 am

6:00 pm

Wednesday:

7:30 am

6:00 pm

Thursday:

7:30 am

6:00 pm

Friday:

7:30 am

6:00 pm

Saturday:

7:30 am

12:00 pm

Sunday:

Closed

Closed

Testimonial

Read What Our Clients Say

  • "For over 15 years Dr. Watson has cared for our pets. I trust his opinions. The level of care given at this clinic is the best I have seen."
    Sandra D
  • "Best Veterinarians! Highly recommend them."
    Rhonda H
  • "The staff and doctors here are very friendly and professional. I had a 17-year-old cat that had been sick in my previous vet had never diagnosed him. Since he’s had his surgery he has gained 4 pounds! They’re Wonderful!"
    Jennifer G